This session is about Nagios, a software tool that easily allows monitoring of devices and services in IT infrastructure.
Nagios is free and can be installed and setup in 24 hours. By using Nagios, you can
- Monitor hardware like Ciscos, Dells, HP servers, etc
- Monitor Unix, Microsoft, and Mac devices status.
- It can monitor websites and applications.
- It can page/text/email when triggered by events.
- It provides a website pages with single pain of glass overview of all devices
The software can act as a 24/7 employee watching the status of your infrastructure. This can be done in your data center or hosted on AWS. Allows for minimal staffing to monitor many services.